Rustic apple galette
If you searching for the easy pie recipe, try galette it is french rustic pie and it is a pleasure to bake it.
Fall is coming soon, which means low temperature, chilly wheater, colorful leaves falling and apple season. Which I looking forward to the most. And with apples comes apple pies. If you looking for some easy pie recipe, you find one!
Gallate is much easier to make them traditional pie, because you don´t need to make the crust on the top and you don´t need a form for it and it take less time to make it, but you will still have delicious pie. So you can still make it even if you have a long to-do list because bake it doesn´t require a lot of time. And for me, it will best choice for this fall because I have a lot of things to do to my school and for the blog. So easy recipe is my must for this fall for me.
What galette is
It is french rustic pie filled with lots of fruit, you can use any fruit you like. I always prefer season fruit , because it is always more fresh and local. For this galette I use apples because it is apple season and it is my favorite fruit for galette.
You can make this pie all year around because there is always some seasonal fruit. Plus they don´t take much time to make. So if you need to bake something fancy, but for last-minute galette is just for you.
So let´s talk about it a little bit more:
The crust of gallate is crispy as well flaky and is all that pies are, but so much easier. The delicious fruit inside is just tasty. You gonna love this recipe.
The batter for this galette you can use also on tradition pie. I will have a recipe for traditional apple pie soon on my blog I promise.
Easy pie to make
You don´t need a form for it it is rustic
Filled with season fruit
And just so yummy
Few notes to the recipe:
The batter for galette is easy to make. I usually make the batter day before I make a pie because the butter needs to rest at least one hour, but it is better to let it rest overnight. But you can also make this batter a store it in freezer for 1 month or in the fridge for a few days.
And then you just take the batter and make a galette.
Here is how to make apple galette.
RUSTIC APPLE GALETTE
Prep time: minutes
Baking time: 45 - 50 minutes
BATTER FOR TWO GALETTE
225 g butter
315 g all-purpose flour
1 tbsp sugar
1 pinch of salt
Water 120 ml plus some ice
FILLING FOR ONE GALETTE
2 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tbsp vanilla sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbs cane sugar
1 tbs liqueur
1. Prepare glass with water and put to water 3 ice cubes.
2. Then cut the butter for small pieces.
3. Put sugar, flour, salt and cut butter to a large bowl.
4. Then I cut with night the butter with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl until small pieces size of hrášku are made.
5. Then I add water and mix it with a wooden spoon when butter is form I you gently make a ball from the batter with hand. Do not overwork the batter. In the batter should stay small pieces of butter.
6. Then I pack batter to foil and put the batter to the fridge at least for one hour. The ingredients for the batter are for two galettes. I divide the batter for two-parts. From one part I make galette and the second I freeze for next time.
1. Preheat the oven for 155 degrees C and prepare a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Peel apples and cut them into small slices.
2. Put the apple´s slices to a bowl and add to bowl flour, cinnamon and vanilla sugar mix it.
3. Roll out the dough to a circle on a lightly floured surface.
4. Relocate the dough to the baking sheet.
5. Put the mixture with apples from the bowl for rolling dough and fold the edges of the dough. Whisk the egg and brush the edges with the egg. Sprinkle pie with sugar. You can spill the galette with a tablespoon of the liqueur.
6. Bake for 155 degrees C about 45 - 50 minutes or until the top is slightly gold.