How to make best salted caramel shortbread bars
These salted caramel shortbread bars are made from three layers and these layers create a gorgeous sweet treats. What could be better to serve then this as a sweet treat.
The first layer is baked and created with a combination of sugar, butter, flour, salt, and baking powder. Make a rich basic layer for this dessert This layer perfectly fits to the second layer of these bars, which is created from salted caramel and makes the sweet taste of this dessert. This layer is topped with dark chocolate which brings balance to the sweet golden caramel layer. These little bars are definitely a dream.
These bars are one of my favorites and I am so thrilled that I can share this recipe with you. This recipe looks maybe with all the layers difficult to make. But you don´t need to worry. Each layer is so easy to make. This recipe is perfectly easy to make. And it is a small little sweet treat for you.
What makes this recipe even better:
You don´t need any fancy equipment in your kitchen to make these bars. No mixers and blenders are needed.
The batter is perfectly easy to make you just mix all the ingredients and put them to the baking pan.
Few notes to the recipe:
Form for this recipe is 20 cm x large.
Put the caramel layer to the fridge for 2 hours.
It is better to chill the chocolate during the night in the fridge before you add a chocolate layer.
Cut this dessert into small cubes 4 x 4 cm, it looks the best. So cute small bars.
Wait overnight before you will cut it into cubes.
Store in the fridge.
Salted caramel bars are:
3 layers desserts, which make a perfect combination
With sweet salted caramel
And topped with melted dark chocolate
SALTED CARAMEL SHORTBREAD BARS
Prep time: minutes
Baking time: 15 - 18 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
256 g all-purpose flour
100 g sugar
227 g butter
2 tbsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
100 g brown sugar
115 g butter
2 tbs honey
15 oz (1 can) 397 g sweet condensed milk
1/2 tsp salt
230 g chocolate at least 50 %
1 tbs coconut oil
1. Preheat the oven for 160 degrees C and prepare a baking pan lined with the parchment paper.
2. In the bowl mix butter with sugar. After is butter with sugar combinate, add flour, baking powder, and salt and mix it.
3. Place dough to the baking form a bake 15-20 minutes or until golden on top.
4. Now we prepare the caramel layer in a medium pot. Add to the pot butter, condensed milk, sugar, and honey. Stirring it until it starts to boil and then turn down the heat a little bit. Still, stir about 10 minutes. The caramel should get the golden color. After is caramel finished, place the caramel to the first layer and remove it to the fridge to chill for two hours.
5. The last layer is dark chocolate. Place the chocolate with 1 tbs coconut oil above the water bath and melt the chocolate with coconut oil, stir a little bit, it helps the chocolate melt. Let 5 minutes chill and then pour on the caramel layer. Leave chill during the night in the fridge. That´s it. Your salted caramel bars.
6. Cut them into small pieces 4 x 4 cm. That´s the perfect size for them.